This year, participants will examine Twitter data related to Cyclone Phailin, which hit India in mid-October 2013. Washington State high school students are eligible for the 2013-2014 PACC and are encouraged to participate in teams of 3.
How to participate
- Form a team of 3 students and register using the button above (no programming background needed!)
- Read the rules and instructions packet
- Get your school's computer science teacher to help out
- Get permission from your school to put up this poster to advertise the challenge
- Download the data using the button above
- Use a data analysis tool of your choice including Excel to complete the Part 1 challenges
- Have fun!
Great prizes!Students who complete the PACC will receive:
- an Amazon Kindle pre-loaded with Paul Allen’s Memoir Idea Man: A Memoir by the Co-founder of Microsoft
- a PACC medal
- a special edition PACC hoodie
- a Living Computer Museum T-shirt
- 12/14: Data released
- 3/28: Submission deadline for part 1
- 4/26: Part 2 dataset released to qualifying teams
- 6/7: Poster session and awards ceremony at Living Computer Museum
Questions? E-mail Justin Spielmann, Living Computer Museum Education Coordinator at justinS@ livingcomputermuseum.org.